Tamarack Aerospace Group, a dynamic and fast paced aircraft modification company, is seeking a highly motivated Structural Engineer who desires to become part of a company involved in providing revolutionary improvements in the performance of business jets and beyond.
As a Structures Engineer with Tamarack Aerospace Group you can expect to work on the research and design of aircraft structures and systems, take part in flight test data acquisition and data reduction, and write technical certification documentation. Tamarack Aerospace’s unique corporate culture is one that strives towards achieving excellence in challenging and stimulating work while offering ample opportunities for professional development. Tamarack particularly values curiosity, integrity, and enthusiasm for learning via hands-on experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter motivated to create innovative solutions and will also thrive in a diverse and dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment.
Tamarack is located in Sandpoint, Idaho, which is known as a destination resort town. Sandpoint boasts active communities rich with arts, culture, and numerous noteworthy restaurants and breweries. Sandpoint sits on the shore of scenic Lake Pend Oreille, the largest body of water in Idaho, and is surrounded by public lands with a vast and growing network of trails all your outdoor activities. Tamarack is located 12 miles from the village of Schweitzer Mountain Resort, which provides access to exceptional winter sports. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho is located just 45 miles to the south and Spokane, Washington is 72 miles to the southwest, offering additional unique destination cities with more attractions.
If your goal is to become a significant team member working with an elite, highly experienced development and production support team, send your resume to email@example.com for consideration. You’ll find we offer competitive compensation/benefits commensurate with your experience.
STRUCTURES ENGINEER II
Job Description: Support the design, development and certification of new aircraft modifications. Perform analysis, support testing and prepare documentation for a range of flight sciences and structures disciplines. Specific tasks include:
- Oversee design and certification of structural aircraft components.
- Generate stress and fatigue analysis on composite and metal aircraft structures using classical hand analysis and Finite Element Modeling.
- Plan and conduct static and dynamic structural certification tests.
- Manage ground, bench, and flight test data acquisition, data reduction, and analysis.
- Work with FAA and foreign certification authorities.
- Author test proposals, test reports, analysis reports, and other certification reports.
- Review and approve technical drawings to ensure compliance with engineering specifications and regulations.
- 5+ years applied aerospace industry experience required.
- Must have experience with FAA or EASA Part 23 or Part 25 certification.
- Applicant must be highly motivated, willing to work in fast paced environment, and have a broad interest in aviation.
- Applicant must demonstrate good technical writing skills and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively within a multi-disciplinary team structure. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Applicant must show general knowledge of aircraft design.
- Applicant must be proficient in MS Office suite, and must have experience with SOLIDWORKS, FEMAP, NASTRAN, and similar technical applications.
B.S., or M.S. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. is proud of its diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer. Passport and driver’s license required.
Your privacy is important to us so your information will remain confidential.
Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. is proud of its diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.