Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. in Sandpoint, Idaho is currently seeking full-time Accounting & Production Support Staff to join our team.
The primary function of the accounting support position is to support the company by performing a variety of day-to-day accounting duties. This position performs mostly clerical functions following the prescribed procedures and formats using accounting/spreadsheet programs. This includes data-entry duties in AP, AR, GL, and Fixed Assets. The person in this position will assist with the monthly/annual closing of the books and complete project requests. Using accounting knowledge and training this person will utilize skills to research, resolve and verify accounting transactions. The general purpose for this position is to support the Controller in carrying out the reporting responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
The primary function of the production support position is to support the company by performing tasks that support Inventory/Production Control which will compliment and tie-in to the reporting responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
Essential Job Functions:
All duties related to performing the day to day Accounting transactions, review and reporting required to support preparation of the financial documents needed for internal and external reporting.
Examples of Job Responsibilities Performed:
- Enter transactional data for Accounts Payable, Credit Card, and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare check runs upon approval from Controller and process Accounts Payable paperwork for signing, mailing, & filing
- Assist Sales with shipping costs for invoicing and work with Receiving on returned items
- Reconcile monthly bank, credit card and loan statements and submit to Controller for review
- Record routine monthly journal entries and assist with related account reconciliations for submission to Controller for review
- Maintain Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules; provide monthly detail to the Controller for review and record monthly depreciation
- Assist the Controller with the annual audit
- Maintain department physical files as well as scan for electronic filing
- Maintain and update accounting records such as vendor and customer accounts
- Assist with physical inventory counts and record inventory adjustments as needed
- Assist with auditing the bill of materials used in the Assembly Builds ensuring compliance with the latest approved revision
- Perform other accounting or administrative projects as required from time to time
Skills and Background Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of accrual accounting and GAAP
- Knowledge of computing hardware and software resources, including web activity
- Highly skilled with QuickBooks, MS Excel and MS Word
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Possesses strong and effective verbal and written skills
- Possesses a work style that is detailed, organized and reliable
- Demonstrates a high regard for consistency and timing of transactions
- Strong interest in career learning
Other Skills and Background Desired:
- Experience with Sage or other common ERP systems
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to spot and question irregular activity and inconsistencies
- Ability to contribute ideas for continuous improvement of processes and procedures for a growing and evolving company
- Interacts with all personnel, vendors and customers
Equipment and Software used:
- Computer (Company Owned), Printer/Scanner (Company Owned) and Cell Phone (Personal).
- Microsoft Office Online-Email, MS Office: Excel, Word; QuickBooks Enterprise and Tsheets
Authority, Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- This person must be a team player and willing to use other attributes/skills on tasks that maybe outside of the scope of his/her particular job functions. Must be willing to cover unmanned projects or situations. Communication with stakeholders is critical to performing job functions.
- This is an office position that primarily involves sitting, standing and stooping with lifting of up to 20 pounds when moving files, etc.
- This individual is guided by company goals and policies/procedures, accounting principles, and legal compliance requirements.
- Will function independently, setting priorities and managing self on recurring work items and be able to take direction and incorporate projects that surface.
- Will need to report schedule changes and status updates to supervisor.
- The position includes access to sensitive information relating to collections, subcontractor relationships and personnel matters.
Your privacy is important to us so your information will remain confidential.
Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. is proud of its diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.