Application Deadline: February 24, 2017 at 11:59 pm PST
You might be Tamarack intern material if:
- You want to be challenged every day
- You live for the innovation and have passion for aerospace
- You stay until the task gets done - not until the clock says you can go
- You get frustrated with repetitive tasks and have the urge to write a script to automate it
- You like feeling like part of a family at work - not a cog in the machine
- You’re looking to learn as much over a summer as you would in a whole school year
- You will do everything you can to meet a deadline
- You aren’t afraid of making mistakes, but learn from them
Realize that if you intern at Tamarack, you won’t be doing busy work created for interns. You will be an integral part of our team for the summer. You will work alongside engineers, mechanics, and senior management advancing the technology. What you do will have a lasting benefit for you, Tamarack and the aerospace industry. Your name will be on certification documents, reports, and calibrations - things that only senior engineers do at other companies.
Our interns are highly encouraged to use Tamarack equipment and resources after hours. Want to machine a part? Do it. Want to learn FEM? Do it. Have questions? Ask them. Our team is eager to help you learn and understand more - plus, you get to work around jet aircraft every day.
As an intern at Tamarack Aerospace Group, you will be an integral part of a team working on the development and certification of game-changing technologies and innovations having genuine impact on the aerospace industry.
All interns must have a hunger to learn and be mentored by professionals. During the summer you will have the responsibility to attend technical talks by senior Tamarack engineers on relevant areas of expertise as well as receive coaching and mentorship from colleagues within Tamarack and throughout the vibrant aerospace community in Sandpoint, Idaho.
As part of your internship you will be exposed to:
Lots of Microsoft Excel
Lots of Excel VBA
Intro to TELS (AVL)
Intro to FEMAP
General structural Substantiation and design
Calibrations (wing strain, load cells, control surface position, lead shot)
Barely Visible Impact Damage Testing (BVID)
Data acquisition (Tracer DAQ and Dewesoft)
Instrumentation (Strain gauges, string pots, pressure transducers, and tying into OEM systems)
Basic aircraft maintenance
Composite work (both fiberglass and carbon)
Flight Testing (a fun one)
- Must be a second-year or third-year student currently attending a 4-year Bachelor’s program, majoring in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Experience in Excel and one or more of the following software applications: MATLAB, Solid Works, FEMAP/NASTRAN
February 24, 2017 at 11:59 pm PST
The engineering internship program is a 12-week developmental opportunity that includes modest compensation based on experience.
2017 Internship Essay Questions (each essay should be 200 words or less):
- How were you first introduced to aerospace engineering? How have you continued to develop your technical skills and seek additional exposure to the field?
- Tell us about a time you’ve used your engineering skills in your personal life – hobbies and other outside interests. Please go into detail about how you used technical skills.
- At Tamarack, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Tell us about your background and experiences and how they make you unique.
- If you could redesign any object or experience: what would it be, why should it be redesigned, how might you make it better, what would be your design approach?
- Please list the technical courses you’ll be taking next semester. If you haven’t registered for classes yet, please list the courses you plan on taking.
- Please list any clubs and/or organizations that you participate in.
Submit your resume, three references and answers to the questions HERE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your privacy is important to us so your information will remain confidential.
Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. is proud of its diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.