Media Communications Internship
You might be Tamarack intern material if:
- You want to be challenged every day
- You live for the innovation and have passion
- You stay until the task gets done - not until the clock says you can go
- You like feeling like part of a family at work - not a cog in the machine
- You will do everything you can to meet a deadline
- You aren’t afraid of making mistakes, but learn from them
Realize that if you intern at Tamarack, you won’t be doing busy work created for interns. You will be an integral part of our team. As a summer intern at Tamarack Aerospace Group, you will be an integral part of a team working on spreading the Tamarack story. What you do will have a lasting benefit for you, Tamarack and the aerospace industry.
All interns must have a hunger to learn and be mentored by professionals. During the summer you will have the responsibility to attend technical talks by senior Tamarack engineers on relevant areas of expertise as well as receive coaching and mentorship from colleagues within Tamarack and throughout the vibrant aerospace community in Sandpoint, Idaho.
The Media & Communications Intern will work to develop their skills by assisting the executive team at Tamarack Aerospace Group to expand the digital media landscape, including various social media channels, identify media targets, draft pitches and press releases, ensuring media have review samples for coverage, finalize critical digital assets, and documents for internal and external communications. The Intern hired for this position will play a key role in the growth of Tamarack’s social media campaign, utilizing critical thinking skills and attention to detail, meanwhile gaining a tremendous amount of online experience. The ideal candidate will be creative, adaptive and have a keen sense of new social media features and trends.
Aviation experience is a plus.
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums and social networks
- Inform and implement social media strategies aimed at increasing awareness about Tamarack Aerospace
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- Collect and build content for marketing and press materials
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
- Support Tamarack Aerospace Group internal marketing department
- Contribute to website updates & design in various ways
- Perform other duties as assigned
Students applying for this internship should be working towards a degree in Marketing, Business or Communications or equivalent four year degree.
Students should have a solid background in the following mindset, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong communication and email-writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong understanding of social media and use social media.
- Willingness to take responsibility for project progress and completeness
- Experience with content management tools
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Experience with graphic design & web development is a plus
- Experience with video production & editing is a plus
Email your application to email@example.com
Your privacy is important to us so your information will remain confidential.
Tamarack Aerospace Group, Inc. is proud of its diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.